How to Pitch your Innovation?
HIT Innovators Clinic Series: Clinic 2
- Date: 6 December 2016
- Time: 2.00pm – 5.00pm
- Venue: NUS Enterprise@Blk 71, 71 Ayer Rajah Crescent, #02-18, Singapore 139951
By Access Health International
To get the most from your audience, you’ve got to give a strong pitch! A pitch is all about defining your vision and selling it. Keep it straightforward. Give the simplest explanation in the most concise way. But let your personality shine through, because your audience is interested in you, the innovator, not just your ideas.
- Goal: To improve presentation skills of participants.
- Objective: Train participants on presentation skills and help them sell and pitch their idea or business better.
- Outcome: Each team has a better understanding on presentation skills and each of them has an improved presentation at hand.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Talk on the of best practices, content, and delivery of great presentations (45 minutes).
- Teams work on the improvement of their current presentations, given talk under 1 (30 minutes).
- Round one is a presentation carousel. Each team presents 4 times, with a moment of reflection in between.
Using a carrousel, we’ll have 8 teams present to the other 8 teams simultaneously.
There are 4 rounds of 10 minutes plus 10 minute of team reflection in between. Teams give feedback to one another and that is how they learn and improve (60 minutes).
- Tea break (10 minutes).
- Round two, the teams that gave feedback will now present. Same process as first round (60 minutes).
- Presentation of main learning points by the teams (35 minutes).
Preparation for Clinic:
- Fill out a logic framework (to be designed by us) that underlie the presentations.
- Prepare a 5 minute presentation using the HIT Challenge materials.
- Reading and video: