Empowering Creativity & Logic Through Games
HIT Innovators Clinic Series: Clinic 4
- Date: 21 January 2017
- Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm
- Venue: Mages Institute of Excellence, Orchard Central, #06-11, Orchard Road, Singapore 238896
By Mages Institute of Excellence
Some of the most thought provoking approach to real world solutions are hidden in games. In game designs, there is a need for accurate representation without extra clutter. Similar logic-thinking is a compulsory element in games design and development. This short workshop looks at how games design can open one’s mind to new perspective to inspire creativity.
- Goal: To equip clinicians and technologists with a game design approach real life problem solving.
- Objective: Train teams on design methodology and process creation.
- Outcome: Each participant will see how to approach and improve their existing procedures using a different perspective.
- Duration: 2 hours.
- Introduction to the universe of Creativity (10 minutes)
- Introduction to the world of Games (10 minutes)
- Activity 1 – Formation of Company (20 minutes)
- Understanding the Herd Mentality (20 minutes)
- The Power of Sandbox (20 minutes)
- Reload – Tea break (15 minutes)
- Activity 2 – ‘Creating a Universe’ (30 minutes)
- Real World to Game World (15 minutes)
- Activity 3 – The ‘Sweet Spot’ Exercise (30 minutes)
- The Game Matrix (30 minutes)
- Activity 4 – Balancing Exercise (20 minutes)